Rovos Rail

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I like the photos Misha Taylor takes, and I like even more that his bio states "lives between New York, Paris and Africa". Dream. This set (featured on Nowness) documents a trip Taylor took Traveling from Cape Town to Pretoria on the restored 1930s era train, Rovos Rail, with his (very pretty) actress girlfriend, Julie Fournier.
Word on the street tells me there has or will be a new (social media) push for South African tourism and this may well be part of it...but heck, good job - I'm now itching to get on train and drink tea with rattling china & silverware whilst the world whirls by. Got some travel bug at the moment (slash most of my life).

Photos: Misha Taylor

13 comments:

  1. I love it when I see that you posted! Friends of mine actually went on Rovos. I'll be going to South Africa in exactly three months and I'm so excited to see all that beautiful scenery again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel better when I have posted...I need to frequent this space more! Oh you lucky thing. I will be expecting & awaiting many photos posts to follow your trip

      Delete
  2. Really beautiful and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that this reminds me of The Ghan - a trip I've always wanted to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I sometimes forget about our own (sunburnt) country. Would be spectacular

      Delete
  4. I love the third image, my boyfriend is originally from South Africa, but he moved to the UK when he was 6 and hasn't been back since.
    But he always tells me the most wonderful stories - I would love to go back and visit with him one day!

    Gems x

    Australian Fashion Review Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be wonderful...always great to go with someone born and bred

      Delete
  5. Oh my God ! perfect photos ! I can't even decide which one is my favourite :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After much deliberation I have decided upon the table setting and the water hole ;) Imagine them blown up on the wall. Yum

      Delete
  6. My daughter and I when to Doll House to buy a Sherri Lee dress that my daughter was obsessed with. I received no service from the sales staff until I asked. They gave my daughter a few styles to try on when asked what size my daughter would be, she pointed at the dress my daughter had on and said “that size”. I noticed that the dresses had no size tags on them and when I asked the sales staff about that, they got frustrated with me and gave no explanation. So I left the store with a much deflated daughter, went home and ordered the dress online and saved $200.

    ReplyDelete

bites and kisses for you. meow. x