wandering

Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

My memories of this night in New York are so beautifully chaotic it makes my heart race. I was exhausted from playing Mum (to 3 gorgeous but consuming children) in Manhattan for days prior, but was way too hungry for this city to simply go to sleep at night. I walked hard and fast from the East to the West and didn't for a second feel the chill that was building up (it snowed less than 24 hours later) around me. I sat on those red steps in Time Square confused and in awe of the way the lights and the traffic and the people made me feel. I was alive but disconnected. Excited but drained. Hungry but...oh wait, no buts there, I was definitely hungry. SHAKE SHACK. I sat up at a bench, just me and my fur and freshly purchased Jo Malone and stared into space as I ate my burger and replayed the scene of me lingering at the fragrance counter in Barneys talking top notes and dewy florals as the well suited man tied thick black ribbons around the pretty cream boxes so precisely.

*Sigh*

I love how life feels like a movie in New York city. It heightens reality - the good and the bad - and always leaves you wanting more.
It's not over yet...

Photos: Rachel Kara

7 comments:

  1. "it heightens reality..." here-here. love the way you put it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, I just followed your link and saw you are (or have been) in NY too. We have some eating destinations in common I see - Chelsea markets, Billys bakery, Shake Shack (obviously). LOVVVVEEE!!

      Delete
  2. Stunning images. you have me craving NYC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I so want to visit New York! stunning photos as usual, you set the scene so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will...and it won't disappoint. I think I love it more in hindsight though - it's a rollercoaster

      Delete
  4. This blog actually pains me it is that freaking amazing. You have such a pure auro in your photography n the way you just see it all. Ah. Must tell you more often. Obsessedddddd lady. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete

bites and kisses for you. meow. x